Dec 10, 2011

Swarovski unveils new scholarship programee

Swarovski has unveiled a new scholarship program for two Central Saint Martins students of Art & Design (http://www.csm.arts.ac.uk/). The first to receive the scholarship awards are Scarlett Tull and Stephanie Bila. "I am very honoured to have been awarded a Swarovski Scholarship," BA Womenswear student Scarlett Tull told us today. "I have used crystals in my work since first year, so I am excited to now have the chance to learn about the full range of possibilities. With the support of Swarovski I will be able to fully realise my ideas and make my catwalk collection without compromise."

"In my first year at Central Saint Martins we did a project where we used crystals and it made me aware of possibilities of introducing colour to the materials I work with, which are mainly metal and cane," BA Jewellery recipient Stephanie Bila added. "I feel honoured to have been selected by Swarovski for this exceptional opportunity and look forward to making the most of this chance to develop my final collection to its full potential."

The scholarship comes as Swarovski celebrates 10 years of working with CSM - and is accompanied by the company's donation of a state-of-the-art Rofin Laser Welder for use by students in the Jewellery Futures Room at the university's new £200 million Kings Cross campus.